- Jim McCausland over at Sunset Magazine’s Fresh Dirt blog has discovered that Asiatic lillies grow great in containers without any special treatment.
- Mike has been brewing manure tea. I know it sounds weird, but your plants will love it, I promise.
- Check out these unusual–I’m not sure what to call them?–plant orbs featured on Planet Green. What do you think?
- I have to say, I am a bit jealous of the Dahlia garden that Matti at Far Out Flora featured. My Dahlias (1) were not the variety on the tag, (2) were a blah baby pink, and (3) immediately inundated with aphids.
Today is the last day to enter the handmade card giveaway!
If you’d like the win this set of handmade cards and enough extra page pebbles to keep you in crafting bliss for quite some time, tell me how gardening weaves its way into your other hobbies by:
Option #1 – Leaving a comment about garden inspired hobbies on the Life on the Balcony Facebook page.
Option #2 – Tweeting about garden inspired hobbies using the #LOTB tag.
Option #3 – Blogging about how gardening inspires your other hobbies and leaving a link to your blog post in the comment section of this post.
This contest is open to anyone in North America over the age of 18. You have until August 1st at 11:59pm PST to enter.
Best of LOTB in July
In case you missed these posts the first time around, here are some of the most popular posts from this past month
- Make Your Own Bird Bath – A compact bird bath is easy to make, let me show you how!
- Learning From Others Container Gardening Mistakes – I hate to say something not nice, but if these two containers can save you from making the same mistakes, it’ll be worth it.
- How to Grow Currants and Gooseberries in a Container – If you dream of canning your own home grown fruit preserves, but have a part-shade balcony or patio look into growing Currants or Gooseberries.
- Five Fall Vegetables for Your Balcony Garden – Here are five vegetables that you may not have tried growing before. And yes, you can grow in a container garden.