Container Gardening Blog Posts
- This is a neat shot of Marie of 66 Square Feet’s terrace. Also, check out her roof farm.
- Almost everyone can use frugal gardening tips these days. Mike over at Urban Organic Gardener has got you covered.
- Adriana has a roundup of photos from her Anarchy in the Garden booth at the Patchwork Festival. There are some photos of yours truly teaching a demo on growing tomatoes in a container.
- Did you know you can freeze zucchini? That’s what Colleen at So Cal Gardening did.
- Oh, and Matt’s Redneck Garden is growing up fast!
Cheesy Gardening Joke
Why did the tomato turn red?
Because it saw the salad dressing.
Pineapple Sage Recipes
The other day on Twitter, I mentioned that I was going to cut back my pineapple sage a bit, and I needed a recipe to use up the cuttings. I ended up making a pineapple sage smoothie. For a very yummy breakfast drink, combine the following ingredients in blender a pulse until smooth:
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed pineapple sage, chopped
Container Gardening in the News
- This NY Times article about catios (i.e. patios for cats) seriously cracked me up.
- The Seattle Times reminds you to thin the fruit on your fruit tree to produce better results overall.
- I really enjoyed this article from The Tribune in Texas about water container gardens.
You Might Also Like: