- Mike has a pretty neat idea to make about how to make a self-watering pot out of a soda bottle and t-shirt.
- Interested in vermicomposting (composting with worms)? Genevieve has got you covered.
- Take out your iPod and load it up with the latest Nest in Style podcast with hosts Jayme and Theresa chatting it up about lettuce and living walls. You’ll also enjoy the interview with succulent goddess Debra Lee Baldwin.
- Kerry is not a fan of upside down tomato planters. Find out why.
- I especially like the first of Jenny’s flower photos of a planter she created for a client’s deck railing.
- If you like succulents, check out Megan’s photos of her backyard. So many great ideas to take in!
Winner of the Botanical Interests Basil and Poppyseed Soap
There were a lot of great photos submitted to win a bar of Botanical Interests wonderful-smelling new soap, but only one person could win. I used Random.org to select a number, and it corresponded with Erin Neu’s photo. Erin, I will be sending you an email shortly to find out where the send your bar of soap and seed packets. Congrats!
If you’d like to look through the entries, you’ll find some pretty creating photo ideas:
Container Gardening In The News
- Lots of great container gardening ideas in this Chicago Sun Times article.
- Tomatoes, potatoes and rhubarb in the Pittsburgh Sun Times, oh my!
- According to the Edmonton Journal, you should view your containers as pots of gold. Sounds good to me.