This really is the best time of year for garden blogging, the great posts continue this week. I could also use your wildlife gardening posts for the May carnival, and you definitely want to see the bouquet Mary grew herself. Pretty cool!
Great Garden Blog Reading
- Gen shares advice on how to prune with a hori-hori knife and offers to make a donation to charity if you buy a hori-hori from her Open Sky shop.
- Mike has been welcomed to gardening in So Cal with cabbage worms. We get them nearly year round, with only a minor reprieve in the coldest months of Winter.
- I loved Ivette’s raised bed garden in the “hell strip” in front of her home. A great example of stylish urban vegetable gardening!
- If you guerilla garden in a plot that is not close to your home or a water supply, check out Andrea’s tips for getting water and supplies to your plot.
Have ideas for attracting birds, bees, and butterflies to a container garden?
Don’t forget that this month’s container garden carnival is about attracting wildlife to your garden. I need your posts ASAP!
From the LOTB Flickr Pool
Photo by sketchkat06
Check out this beautiful bouquet Mary gave her mom on Mother’s Day. She grew all those flowers herself!
In Other (Gardening) News…
- LA Times Reporter Jeff Spurrier is going through the LA County Master Gardener program and sharing what he learns along the way.
- Beefsteaks and Cherry tomatoes are number one with American gardeners, at least that’s what the Denver Posts says.
- Wonder what New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s favorite vegetable is? Steak.
You Might Also Like: