Must Read Container Gardening Posts
- Black and Tan Container: love, Love, LOVE this container design by Christina Salwitz. So amazingly beautiful.
- Speaking of Christina, she’s the featured guest on this month’s Nest In Style podcast!
- A Hanging Basket Story: Andrea Bellamy shares some new Proven Winners plants and combines them in a pretty hanging basket.
- Apartment Therapy has a good roundup of a bunch of their recent container gardening posts.
- Vegetable Grilling Guide: Jayme Jenkins provides a complete look at BBQing all those yummy vegetables you’ve been growing.
Bloom in the Park
Pat FitzGerald–of the eponymous nursery that produces the My Plant range of container friendly plants–has been at Ireland’s Bloom in the Park event, where garden designers Dawn Aston and Crawford Leitch used his plants to created a beautiful garden perfect for urbanites. Here’s what Pat had to say about the experience thus far:
After two days of Bloom in the Park all the hard work over the last month has paid off and we are delighted to announce Urban Oasis received a Silver Gilt Medal. Even more importantly the response from the visiting public has been amazing. Urban Oasis takes an unconventional and challenging approach for a Show Garden. Dawn’s concept was to create a space which is a private oasis from the typical urban environment. Using an undercover of colourful blends of hardy evergreen and tropical foliage plants Dawn created a garden bountiful in all year round colour.
Here are some photos featuring Pat’s plants…
Container Gardening in the News
- A community garden in NYC is looking for a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T
- A few container gardening tips from Northern Colorado’s public radio station.
- Some super cute kids in Marin County, CA are going to be playing in a new play yard that features edible plants and CA natives at the local Boys and Girls Club.
- Holy smokes Batman! Dallas has a ton of great sounding gardening events this weekend.