I am so excited to publish the very first Life on the Balcony Blog Carnival! Thank a million times over to all of the people who participated. Without further ado, I give you a plethora of great posts on edible container gardening for your reading pleasure…
Grow Stuff You Can Eat Indoors
- Indoor Edible Container Gardening with an AeroGarden – Check out Viggie’s Veggies’ update on her AeroGardens. She’s growing herbs and even cucumbers (!!!) indoors.
- Growing Rosemary Indoors – Melanie shares her secret for keeping her rosemary plant from getting woody stems.
Frugal Ideas for Growing Your Own Food
- Container Gardening Ideas for Rednecks (and Other People on a Budget) – Check out Matt’s self-proclaimed Redneck NASCAR edible container garden. You can also see how is doing one month into his gardening adventure, and how Matt’s garden looks now.
- Redneck Frost Protection for Container Gardens – Matt share’s his inexpensive method for protecting his container garden from frost.
- 5 Healthy Recipes from the Victory Container Garden – Matt (a different Matt than above) shares recipes that he made with what he grew in his container garden. Additional ingredients cost less than $1!
- 10 Easy Vegetables & Herbs You Can Grow to Save Money – A list of plants that are easy to grow yet can be expensive at the grocery store.
How To _____
- How to Create a Hydroponic Vegetable Garden on Your Balcony – Lorraine provides solid info about building a vegetable garden on a patio or balcony that will water itself without access to a power outlet. Ingenius!
- How to Grow Any Kind of Tomato on a Balcony – Prue shares her tried-and-true (yet whimsical) advice for growing all sorts of kinds of tomatoes in pots on a balcony.
- Kumquats Make Excellent Container Plants – Angela talks about growing Meiwa Kumquats in pots.
- 7 Herbs You Can’t Live Without – Liz shares 7 herbs she grows in her container garden that she can’t imagine living without.
Dispatches from the Container Garden
- First Time Sowing Seeds - Barbara shares photos of her success starting seeds and her experience using a self-watering pot.
- Argula in Tucson, A Success Story – Les shares his experience growing edibles in a difficult climate with pack rats for neighbors.
Finding Beauty in Fruits & Vegetables
- Create Beautiful Citrus Container Gardens – Jenny shares fun tips that she’s learned from her landscape design practice for creating citrus container gardens that are as beautiful as they are tasty.
- Prolonging a Vacation to the Italian Coast with a Beautiful Lemon Tree – Todd and Diane planted a beautiful lemon tree in a rustic urn after being inspired by their travels to Italy.