Great Container Gardening Info & Ideas:
- Beautiful photos and great tips on creating a beautiful balcony container garden from Isabelle Palmer on Fennel and Fern
- aHa Modern Living is having a seed sale. There’s still time to sow plenty of fall and winter veggies, check it out!
- Andrea has a great list of and info about winter vegetables, all of them are suitable for containers.
- Renee shares some really cool photos of her recent trip to the DC Botanical Gardens. There are some great ideas for vertical gardening among her pics.
- I loved looking at the progression of Marie’s watermelon from flower to fruit. All grown on her rooftop.
Win a Beautiful Pot from Sunset
Would you like to win this neat pot from the Home by Sunset collection from Bauer Pottery? Sunset Magazine is giving one away to the person who comes up with the best idea for what to plant in the pot. More details here.
Roasted Ratatouille Pizza
- 1 recipe Chewy Pizza Dough (click here for recipe)
- 1 28-oz. can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (2 cups)
- 2 small yellow squash or zucchini, sliced into rounds (2 cups)
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce or 1 recipe Quick Pizza Sauce (click here for recipe)
- 1/4 cup black olives or capers, optional
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare Chewy Pizza Dough.
2. Drain tomatoes, and discard liquid. Halve each tomato lengthwise. Toss together tomatoes, eggplant, squash, red onion, oil, garlic, and herbes de Provence on baking sheet.
3. Roast vegetables 25 minutes, or until beginning to brown, tossing every 5 to 10 minutes. Cool 5 to 10 minutes, or store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
4. Meanwhile, shape Chewy Pizza Dough into 12-inch disk on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread with sauce, and top with vegetables. Sprinkle with olives or capers, if using.
5. Place on middle rack in oven, and preheat oven to 350°F with pizza in oven. Once oven reaches 350°F, bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottom is crisp.